Our mission is to promote unity through application of the Twelve Traditions while working with modern technology to carry the AA message to the alcoholic who still suffers.
Who We Are:
Web Standing Committee is composed of the appointed Area Web Chair and the District Webmasters and Web Chairs.
What We Do:
- Investigate new technologies to use in carrying the message to alcoholics
- Protect the anonymity of the members of our fellowship
- Educate the fellowship about application of the traditions in implementing technology
- Offer technical support for webmasters
- Support districts and groups that want create or enhance their online presence
Why We Do It:
In the depths of despair, many practicing alcoholics turn to internet search engines to find help for their drinking problem. And the still suffering alcoholic may never knowingly cross the path of a sober member of A.A. who could point them in the right direction. We do not wish to remove the personal contact with an AA member – we simply want to ensure a consistent online presence for Alcoholics Anonymous in Western Washington and let them know how to find us.
How We Can Help You:
- Facilitate workshops for your group about opportunities in carrying the message
- Facilitate workshops for members about anonymity online and using technology safely
- Facilitate training and mentorship for future webmasters