The finance committee is chaired by the elected Alt Treasurer. Members composed of a past delegate and a three DCMs appointed by the Alt Treasurer with a demonstrated interest in the Traditions and general service.
The WWA72 Finance Committee’s purpose is to be a resource to the Area on financial matters.
- Assist groups and districts in research of the financial impact of motions and/or the financial background for motions.
- Administer the Area’s 5% variable budget (Motion 10.3).
- Continually look at better ways for the Area to operate with financial
- Investigates and recommends software for the purpose of Area financial
- Keep minutes of all committee meetings and have readily available to the
- assembly and the groups.
- The conscience of the Finance Committee operates on the principle of substantial unanimity.
- The groups, having the authority to make financial decisions, have delegated some of that authority to the Area Finance Committee.
- No body of motions can offer perfect guidance in continually changing situations with rapidly changing technology, thus the Area strives for a flexible financial structure.
- Finance Committee members are endowed with the Third Concept “Right of Decision”.
- Every service responsibility should be matched by an equal service authority with the scope of such authority well defined.